At Knox Church, we do not worship an imaginary or a dead god, but a living King of the universe who loved us so much that he died as an atonement for our sins. We all come to Jesus in different ways and have our own personal spiritual journeys, and we do understand that some are still seeking that encounter.
If this is you, if you are looking to meet Jesus, we would love to help you! Our congregation believes in showing Jesus’ love and putting his lifestyle into action, and you will encounter that here. We are here to listen and answer questions without judgment and would love to share our testimonies with you. Our pastor, Justin Olivetti, can be reached through his email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Perhaps the greatest way to encounter Jesus is to learn about him by reading the story of his life. The Bible has four gospels (“good news”) that tell of the birth, life, ministry, death, and resurrection of the Son of God: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Any of those are an excellent way to start.
Another path to Jesus is to go down what is called the “Roman Road to Salvation” — several key verses in the book of Romans that walks us through why we need saving and how we get it:
1. God is real and we cannot deny that reality.
- “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.” (Romans 1:20)
2. We are sinners against God, not “basically good people.”
- “There is no one righteous, not even one.” (Romans 3:10)
- “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
3. Our sin curses us with eternal death, but there is hope!
- “Just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned.” (Romans 5:12)
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
4. Even when you were a rebellious sinner, God was working on a plan to save you.
- “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
5. If you believe that Jesus died for you and profess faith in him, you will be saved.
- “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.” (Romans 10:9-10)
- “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
6. You are forgiven and your eternal life is secure.
- “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 8:1)
- “Since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Romans 5:1)
- “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39)
7. Continue to grow in your faith through reading and hearing the Word of God.
- “Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.” (Romans 10:17)